Networking Essentials course is intended for people who are getting started in computer networking and want to gain a solid understanding of a broad range of networking technologies. This training is ideal for would-be information technology professionals who want to pursue certifications in a variety of computer networking fields as well as those in a managerial role who want a firm grasp of networking technology concepts.
Part I: What Exactly Is Networking?
- An Overview of Networking
- The Benefits of Networking
Part II: The Basics
- Getting Data from Here to There: How Networking Works
- Computer Concepts
- Network Concepts
- Extending Your LAN: Wide Area Networks
- Remote Networking
Part III: Building Networks
- Network Criteria
- Designing a Network
- Selecting Network Hardware and Software
- Assembling a Network
- Network Applications
- Connecting to the Internet
Part IV: Network Operating Systems and Providing Network-Wide Services
- Microsoft Networking
- UNIX and Linux Networking
- Common Network Services and How to Provide Them
Part V: Introduction to Network Administration
- What Is a Network Administrator?
- Managing an Existing Network
- Network Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks
- A Day in the Life of a Network Administrator
Part VI: The Future of Networking
- Wireless Networking
- Where Are Networks Going from Here?