Accounting Diploma program provides you with a well-rounded accounting education with training in accounting procedures and theory, taxation, business law, information systems, and management. You’ll learn best practices in accounting and become skilled at using industry-standard software like QuickBooks.
Unit 1: Business Accounting
The aim of this unit is to enable learners to understand the purpose of accounting, and the associated processes and its role in the managing of a business. Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand financial information.
- Understand the purpose of accounting and the categorization of business income and expenditure
- Be able to prepare a cash flow forecast
- Be able to prepare profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
- Be able to review business performance using simple ratio analysis
Unit 2: Financial Accounting
The aim of this unit is to enable learners to understand the importance of and reasons for recording transactions and statements accurately year on year, and of complying with all relevant legislation, regulations and accounting frameworks.
- Know the impact of accounting legislation and concepts on organisations’ accounting policies and procedures
- Understand the impact of the regulatory framework on a limited company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Be able to make appropriate adjustments to accounting information
- Understand a cash flow statement for a limited company
Unit 3: Management Accounting
The aim of this unit is to enable learners to understand how important management accounting is to all businesses. It looks at costing and budgeting, and how to use current or historical financial data to plan for the effective finances and costs of the business for the future.
- Understand how production costs are determined and used to calculate prices
- Be able to use break-even analysis
- Be able to use appropriate statistical information to review and predict business performance
- Be able to use budgetary techniques
Unit 4: Accounting Systems
The aim of this unit is to enable learners to understand that recording year-end financial information accurately is vital to any business. This information can be recorded using manual or computerized packages, whichever is more suitable for business resources and needs.
- Know the use of financial documents in recording business transactions
- Be able to record and monitor financial information in accounting systems
- Be able to extract a trial balance from accounting records
- Be able to prepare a trading and profit and loss account and balance sheet
Unit 5: QuickBooks Software
The aim of this unit is to learn the use of QuickBooks software. QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that combines a variety of accounting processes into one user-friendly system. The software’s primary function is to alleviate the use of multiple tables, spreadsheets, and tracking sheets necessary to document and maintain accounting tasks at a company.
- Setting up chart accounts, customers, employees, vendors
- Setting up items
- Data Entry & Bookkeeping
- Invoicing & Statements
- Managing Accounts Receivables, Bank Accounts & Credit Cards
- Payroll & Journal Entries
- Performing year-end tasks